Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
B.A., Journalism – Graduated December 2016
Concentration in Political Science & Public Policy
FOX News Radio / Headlines 24/7
Freelance Production Assistant Spring 2017 – Present
● Edit features for distribution to FOX News Radio affiliate radio stations. At Headlines 24/7 help produce rundown, write stories, and assist producer and anchors with audio editing and sound gathering.
WSHU Public Radio
Freelance Reporter / Photographer Winter 2016 – Present
● Create content for broadcast at an NPR affiliate radio station. Stories produced played during local blocks of NPR’s morning edition. Stories included quick turnaround “spot” pieces as well as feature length assignments.
Freelance Videographer and Photographer Spring 2014 – Present
● Produce Video and Photo content for clients ranging from promotional videos to corporate headshots. Experience working on tight deadlines. Clients include Manhattan College, Stony Brook University, Softheon, Adventureland, and other local businesses.
Stony Brook University
School of Journalism Student Technical Director Spring 2016 - Winter 2016
● Provide technical direction for Stony Brook University School of Journalism live broadcasts and news shows. These include “New York Picks Live,” a live broadcast the night of New York’s Primary Elections, a live broadcast the night of the General Election.
● Helped produce pilot episode of Clear and Vivid, a web show hosted by Alan Alda and helped produce a live five-part special about the 2016 presidential Election.
University Communications Intern Spring 2016 - Winter 2016
● Work with the Stony Brook University Office of Communications to create images and video that promotes the University's research, faculty, student life and athletics.
Stony Brook Sports Break
Technical Director Spring 2016 - Winter 2016
● Provide technical direction and produce a sports-centric news show featuring highlights, features, profiles and analysis of Stony Brook Sports.
Stony Brook Press
Art Director Summer 2016 – Winter 2016
● Responsible for the total look and layout of Magazine, including graphics, photography and design
Photo / Multimedia Editor Spring 2014 – Spring 2016
● Oversee photo, video and multimedia content for Stony Brook Press magazine, create content for print and web
Newsbreak en Español
Technical Director Spring 2016 - Winter 2016
● Provide technical direction and produce the Apple Award winning student production. First Spanish language broadcast at Stony Brook University and completely student run.
Reporting Abroad in Venice, Italy & Amsterdam, Netherlands January 2016
● Created a photo series and video content during a three week stay in Venice on behalf of Manhattan College and its Holocaust, Genocide and Interfaith Center. Also, reporting from the Amsterdam Tulip Festival.
New York City Office of Emergency Management
External Affairs / Video Production Intern Summer 2015 – Winter 2015
● Work as part of a team producing videos for New York City Residents to help them prepare for emergencies. Video production experience from conceptualization to final online delivery. Manage and grow social media channels for the agency.
Heather Walsh Photography
Photo Assistant / Intern Fall 2015 – Winter 2015
● Assist photographer Heather Walsh with various photo shoots and learned a multitude of photographic skills
iNews; Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, slack, LinkedIn; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Basic Java, C++ Coding, HTML, CSS; Windows XP and above; MAC OS X and above; iOS Mobile Device Operating System; Android Operating System; Google Blogger; Final Cut Pro; Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Flash; Adobe After Effects; Adobe Audition; Audacity; WordPress; Soundslides
Videography and digital photography; Drone photography and videography; 360 video equipment
Nikon d750 & d7100 digital SLR; Panasonic Lumix GH5; Panasonic 12-35 f2.8; DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone; various Nikon lenses including 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 400 f4, 50 f1.4, 85 f1.8; Metabones Speedbooster; Ricoh Theta S; DJI Osmo; Rode NTG3; Zoom H4n; Atmos Ninja 2 Prores external video recorder; various stabilization equipment including tripods, monopods, Shoulder rig, slider, fly cam, etc.; Professional studio lighting including lowel and impact hot lights, lights stands, backdrops, etc.; XLR mics; Green Screen; external flashes
North Amityville Volunteer Fire Company
Critical Care EMT Summer 2016 - Present
● Employed as a Critical Care EMT with the objective of providing Advanced Life Saving procedures to patients within the fire district. Frequently shifts last 12 – 24 hours and I am charged with maintaining and stocking company ambulances.
East Farmingdale Volunteer Fire Company
Volunteer Firefighter & Critical Care EMT Fall 2013 - Present
● Volunteer at East Farmingdale Vol. Fire Company since fall 2013. Certified NYS Firefighter, EMT-Critical Care, Firefighter Rescue and Hazardous Materials Technician. Credited with a CPR life save award in December 2015 and a top EMS responder in 2014 and 2015.